Going to the big travel shows around the USA, I meet lots of enthusiastic travelers who throw clever suggestions my way. One traveler just suggested that we offer a ringtone featuring the theme music of my public television show. Why not? It’s free and available right now for anyone who can’t stop dreaming about their travels. Enjoy.
Even if you’re not using Rikstelefon, you can use Riksrington.
1. Download the Rick Steves Europe iPhone Ringtone by right-clicking on this M4R file and saving it to your computer. (Using a Mac? Instead of right-clicking the link, you will hold down the control key while clicking the link.)
2. Using a USB cord, connect your iPhone to iTunes.
3. Open iTunes and view the iTunes library so that your iPhone appears in the sidebar.
4. Drag the M4R file from its location on your computer into iTunes and drop the file over the name of your iPhone. The new ringtone will appear in the Tones tab listed under your iPhone in iTunes.
5. On your iPhone, select the new Rick Steves Europe ringtone in Settings > Sounds > Ringtones.
1. Download the Rick Steves Europe Android Ringtone by right-clicking on this MP3 file and saving it to your computer.
2. Connect your Android to your computer using a USB cable. Set the phone to connect as a Disk Drive.
3. Open the file folder for your Android and look for a folder labeled “ringtones”. If it does not exist, create one now.
4. Drag the Rick Steves Europe Android Ringtone file to the “ringtones” folder. Safely remove the phone and physically disconnect it to complete the transfer.
5. On your device, open Settings > Sound & Display > Phone Ringtone, and choose the new Rick Steves Europe ringtone.
If you require additional assistance, please refer to the user manual for your device.