Last week I posted this. We sent it to our general list and we’ve had a great response. I thought you might enjoy another look at ways we can all travel well in 2010. Peruse the comments…add your own if so moved:
OK travelers, it’s time for New Year’s resolutions. In 2010, in my travels I will strive to maximize the experience these ways:
• In small towns, villages, and rural settings, take my last glass of wine away from the restaurant and enjoy it in the elements under the stars — in whichever corner of Europe I’m enjoying.
• Stretch 10 minutes a day so all my exercise will feel good rather than just tighten me up.
• Eat at the counter in market eateries to season the meal with all that local action.
• Order more adventurously to delve more deeply into regional cuisine and treats of the season.
• Drink more — and work less — late at night.
• Take time to talk with more people — both locals and tourists.
• Refuse to let small-minded victims of 24/7 news and media-stoked fear shrink my worldview.
• Buy clothes on the road and wear them.
• Take more photos with my tiny pocket tripod.
• Make music a bigger part of my travels.
• Embrace technology more vigorously in the interest of using my time smarter, capturing experiences, and then amplifying tales of the fun I’ve had — and the lessons I’ve learned — to others.
Please share your resolutions so we can all enjoy happier and more rewarding travels in the New Year. And best wishes to all in 2010.